The change of seasons lead to changes in skin...and most of these changes are not for the better. The cold weather brings out the dryness in skin, and any change can lead to acne flareups. Most people don't view acupuncture as a remedy for skin conditions, but there are many reasons why you might want to introduce this medicine into your skin-care regimen:
- Acupuncture can nourish the fluids of the body, leading to smoother skin and a more "filled-out" appearance.
- Stress is a huge contributor to excess oil production, and we all know how great acupuncture is for stress!
- We view acne as "damp heat", which is why it is red, inflamed, and contains pus. Treatments can be directed as draining this dampness and cooling the heat, leading to a reduction in severity of acne.
- Healing begins when blood and qi increase their flow into a specific area, and acne is technically an injury to the skin. Extra blood and qi=faster healing.
- Acupuncture also brings the body into a homeostatic state. This means that the hormones and chemicals of the body are regulated into balance with regular treatments. Hormonal issues tend to respond quite well to acupuncture.
So, if your skin is feeling this seasonal change, come in to see me...and then schedule an appointment next door, at Luminous Salon. I am located in the same building as Luminous, where I can honestly say that I've gotten the best facials of my life. Those ladies are seriously talented. Tell them I sent you, and you will receive 15% off your first appointment with them. Set up your acupuncture and facial on the same day, and your skin won't be able to thank you enough!